Easy homemade dishwasher tablets
Usually, I purchase dishwasher tablets for convenience from Seventh Generation or other companies that promote fewer chemicals. However, ever since the coronavirus pandemic hit, I was motivated to make my cleaning supplies to save money. Finding an excellent way to make dishwashing detergent was my only option because I did not want to resort to the ones laden with chemicals to save money. I have had experience with making my cleaning materials in the past, so this was not a new venture for me.
I must say that making your cleaning products is very rewarding and cheap. There is something about the gratitude you get from making cleaning products. It is all about the little things in life! This recipe is amazingly simple, and only requires the following ingredients: Super Washing Soda, Dr. Bronner’s pure castile soap, distilled white vinegar, salt, and lavender essential oil. My husband and I have been cleaning with vinegar for many years. It is suitable for a solvent, deodorizer, and disinfectant. Of course, when combined with Dr. Bronner’s soap, salt, and washing soda, it has a synergistic effect for potent cleaning action.
For the salt, I used Himalayan salt. It is known for its general cleansing and purification. Of course, you could use regular salt, which will also do the trick. For Dr. Bronner’s soap, you can get the original or peppermint. I like the peppermint because this is also good for cleaning.
After you mix up all the ingredients, you will place them into a tray. The result will be a granular type of mix, but should also be of liquid-like consistency. It was interesting. I found that they became firm even after they had been in the trays for an hour. However, overall you need to make sure that it sits out to dry for at least 24 hours if not 48 hours
Homemade Dishwasher tablets
- wooden spoon
- ice trays
- 1 cup washing soda
- 1/4 cup salt
- 2 tbsp Dr. Bronner's soap
- vinegar Enough to dampen mixture
- 10 drops Lavender oil
- First, gather all your ingredients together. Make sure to have blender ready, wooden spoon and ice trays.
- Add the 1 cup of washing soda with 1/4 cup salt. Lightly mixing it together with the wooden spoon.
- Add 2 tbsp of Dr. Bronner's soap and to the mix. It will be a clump consistency. Proceed to also add the 10 drops of Lavender.
- Next add enough vinegar to dampen the mixture. Take blender and blend all ingredients into mostly smooth. There may be some clumps left but that is okay.
- Take your ice trays and set them out. Scoop at least 1 tbsp of the detergent mixture into each ice cube and pound into tray with wooden spoon. There should be enough mixture to fill 2 ice trays.
- Let the mixture sit out in ice cube trays for at least 24 hours! I did them in the morning, and found that they were ready by the end of the day.
- Remove the cubes from the ice trays and place them in a jar. Enjoy your product!
Once your product! Like I mentioned earlier, there is something about making your stuff. Remember, assuming a healthier life is an integration of all different concepts. If you can find gratitude in your life, you will learn to enjoy little things such as using DIY in your home. It is a beautiful thing that is also that you will save money. If you are looking at how to start your journey towards health, visit my Start Here page.