Enjoy pasta night with a taste of fall!
This pumpkin shirataki noodles stir-fry is not only keto proof but it is also vegan! When I decided to make this recipe, I was craving pasta but did not want to stray away from my keto vegan diet. Since it is fall and pumpkins are in season, I decided to incorporate pumpkin.
It turns out this gourd is a superfood! Please see my recent article, Keto Vegan Pumpkin Muffins to read why you should incorporate pumpkin in your diet all year round. Even if you don’t want to consume pumpkin all year round, you should at least consume in an oil.
Is pumpkin keto-friendly?
The answer to this is yes! As long as you consume in moderation and do not eat a huge portion! If you take out your handy dandy Cronometer app on your phone, it is about 8 net carbs for about 1/2 cup of Farmer’s Market Organic pumpkin. In fact for this recipe, I used exactly that amount! I thought that 1/2 cup was perfect because it gave this recipe that pumpkin flavor while keeping the net carb count low. Very important!
Make this garnish first to pair with the dish
Prior to making the pumpkin shirataki noodles stir fry, I made my Keto Vegan Coconut crispies seasoning for a topping. The great thing about this topping is that it can go with any of your keto dishes. I especially like it on top of salads or pasta dishes like this one. You do not have to make this garnish, but if you are looking for added flavor and crunchiness it pairs well. You will only need a few items for this garnish, which include the following: unsweetened coconut flakes, gluten-free tamari sauce, coconut aminos, monk fruit sweetener, smoked paprika, and olive oil. You can find the complete recipe here.
A note on Shirataki noodles
I absolutely love Shirataki noodles, however, there is a little bit of information I would like to share from personal experience. When you first eat them, you may notice that they do not have the same consistency as wheat or even rice type of noodles. I have found that the longer you cook them, the better they taste. The package may say for a few minutes, but I tend to boil mine for longer, maybe even 10 minutes. I have found that these noodles are a great replacement for regular noodles!
Overall, I am so thrilled to have found this replacement for noodles. It is hard to believe they have basically 0 net carbs! Ever since I have done a keto-based diet, I have missed pasta. Sometimes, you need a little more than a vegetable-based noodle substitute!
Keto Vegan Pumpkin Shirataki Noodles
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup keto vegan crispies seasoning please click here to get my recipe on this! It is very simple!
- 1 cup onion
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast I like Braggs.
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cups dry cooking wine
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree Farmer's organic pumpkin.
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 5.4 ounces coconut cream Native Forest Organic Coconut Cream.
- 12 ounces shirataki noodles Miracle noodle shirataki angel hair and fettucine.
- 2 tsp salt use less or more if needed.
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos Coconut aminos-Coconut secret brand
First, make the Keto Vegan Crispies seasoning
- Prior to making the noodles, I recommend you make this seasoning to use as a garnish. It pairs really well and really adds flavor! You can omit this if you want. For my recipe on this, please click here.
Now, make the noodles.
- Next, you will want to prepare the Shirataki noodles according to the instructions on the back. I like to boil them a little longer than it says to make them extra tender.
Make the sauce.
- Now, pull out a large skillet and place over medium-high heat. This is when you will want to add the 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- Next, add the onion, mushrooms, and garlic, stirring regularly to prevent any burning.
- After about 5 minutes, proceed to add the pumpkin, nutritional yeast, white wine, and coconut aminos. Stir this mixture often, until the wine cooks off and sauce reduces, about 5 minutes.
- Now, add the seasonings to the mixture, which include onion powder and salt. Feel free to use other seasonings if you like.
Bring it all together
- Finally, bring it all together by adding the shirataki noodles to the sauce, stirring often and allowing them to soak up the sauce for a few minutes.
- Lastly, remove from the heat and plate the noodles. Top with the Keto Vegan Crispies seasoning.
Follow me on a journey to wellness!
I am so glad that you found my blog! I hope to bring you more Keto Vegan recipes in the future and lead you on a journey to wellness! If you want to get updates, sign up for my email list! I will send you recipes and tips. Also, I will send you discount codes for items to improve your health! Overall, I see a path towards wellness as a holistic one, which incorporates dietary and lifestyle changes. I truly believe that the keto diet also helps with mental wellness and serves to align your chakras. If you want to learn more about this, please go to my podcasts and start with Keto diet and chakra balance for your health.
If you aren’t sure where to start, also go to my Start right here page to learn about steps you can take to begin. In the future, I hope to provide you with one on one intervention with a Work with me page. Take care!